What we do
With “ASIC DESIGN” we mean the development of a complete system targeting application level requirements in a project.
We believe that the key-point in ASIC design is the clear definition of the specifications of a project. This important step is only achieved thanks to the consistent understanding of customer’s requirements. RAME support their customers since the beginning of project goal definitions, providing a survey on technological and architectural solutions offered by a full-custom ASIC approach.
Here is the general work-flow we follow:
- Definition of specifications
- System-level design and verification through simulations
- Technology-level design and nominal performances verification
- Physical implementation and verification
- Prototyping and testing on prototype samples
- Extensive documentation
With “IP DESIGN” we mean the development of a system portion or sub-block targeting ASIC assembly level requirements in a project.
In this case the delivered IPs are designed to be integrated in a given technology with a set of constraints induced by the application level requirements.
We own a portfolio of patented IPs in the following fields of application:
• VCOs and PLLs
• ADCs and DACs
• RF receiver frontends (Attenuators, LNAs, Mixers)
• RF transceiver frontends (Variable Gain Amplifiers, Poly-phase Filters)
• Linear regulators (LDOs, Bandgaps)
• Switching regulators (Buck and Buck-Boost converters)
• Digital controllers for Power Management ICs
We can provide feasibility studies and market surveys on specific subjects.
END-OF-LIFE TECHNOLOGY MIGRATION
We support customer in porting of existing designs into different technologies or platforms.
We provide short contracting services (RAME resources on-site by customer – usually not more than 6 months)